Sunday, August 5, 2012

3 Days...

So there are only 3 days before my surgery to have the fixator removed. I am so excited! I really can't wait to walk again. My surgery is scheduled for 1:30pm. I have to be at the hospital at 11:30am. My doctor told me that the surgery should only be about 15 mins. So I am really excited about that....

This past Friday, I went to the nail salon. I asked the technician if he could paint my toe nails because the job I had done was pretty bad. So he painted my toe nails and since he did that I started getting a million questions from everyone in the shop. I just told everyone I had surgery. When they tried to dig deeper I started talking about other things (lol). In the end my toe nails came out pretty good though. My toe is still a little short to me. I really don't care though. It looks a lot better than it did before. I'm grateful...

I was wondering how you guys liked your first pedicures (for those who have completed the surgery) after your surgery was completed. I've only had two pedicures before. One for my prom and one for my wedding. I had to suck it up and get them done. So I was really wondering how you guys liked your first pedicures post brachy surgery. 

Here are some pics:




3 comments:

  1. Your X-ray looks great and your toe doesn't seem short in the picture. I'm sure it will settle down once the fixator s out! I am so excited for you!!!! 3 days woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i waited a few months after my fixator was removed to go to the salon. the nail techs always knew me as the one with the "baby toe" and when i returned, they didnt remember who i was, lol. just remember to pace yourself and remember your foot will be swollen for quite a while afterwards ( I had mine removed in March of this year and its just now looking and feeling normal!)

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute color!! I haven't gone to the salon, I am extra paranoid even with the pre-packaged & sterile instruments. I just don't want to risk anything happening to my new foot if that makes sense LOL! Plus I got pretty good (or good enough haha) at doing them myself over the years & have a massive collection of polish. Congrats on everything! And I'll be thinking about you tomorrow & checking in for your surgery update ;)

    ReplyDelete