Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Trials

Its day nine of me turning the external fixator. I've been going through soooo much. I've had an emergency room visit. Fluid was coming through my bandages. I learned in the ER that it was serous fluid which is actually good and means my wound is healing. I had a fall. I fell while i was sitting in my computer chair that I use to get around with. Now, I have blood coming through my bandaging. I don't want to go to the docs about it because I think I'm getting on his nerves (lol). He told me I would only need about 10mm of lengthening but he lied! Its day nine and my toe is still short. I think I need between 13mm nd 18mm. I'm not doctor, but I know this toe is really short. After the lengthening is complete, I wonder how much longer this fixator has to be on my foot because its giving me hell! I want this all to be over asap!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Precious! Thanks for sending me to your blog! It's so great going through this with someone else! I'm a little surprised that your doc said 10 mm. I'm not a doctor, either, but seeing your "before" pic, I think you need a lot more than just 10! I don't want to discourage you, just try to trust your doctor and take it day by day. Have you been getting x-rays done during the distraction? Also, PLEASE don't be worried about calling your doctors about ANYTHING! They're there to take care of you, that's their job! That's what they get paid for! This is a part of your body and you deserve to be taken care of well. If you are unsure about anything that you're feeling, call the doc's office!! This procedure is too risky to not get the best care possible!! Please take care of yourself and I look forward to your future posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete