Wednesday, July 4, 2012

ER visit....again!

Yesterday I had a yet another emergency room visit because my incision re-opened! I thought the stitches were not ready to come out but my doc insisted that they were overdue to come out. Since the stitches were still in my foot I couldn't get my foot wet. After they were taken out I could wash my foot. I was hesitant about getting it wet, but being home all day bored you start to get ideas. (lol) So I thought I would UN-bandange it and clean my foot up and do my toes. When I UN-bandaged it I got a big surprise. I called my doc and because of the holiday he was closing the office early and told me I would have to go to the er. My initial response was o_O? Your patients incision is open!!!!!!!

So when I got to the ER she (the ER doc) confirmed that my incision did open a little. She treated it with gel foam. She called it a fake scab. It will stop the bleeding and in two days or so I should take it off and it should be better. She  said usually they do not re-stitch after an incision has been opened. I was glad to hear that because I wasn't really in the mood for stitches. (lol)

Here are some pics:

This is what my feet look like daily. Bigggg difference in the feet! lol

15mm distracted. the toe has really grown, but still has a way to go.

This is where the incision re-opened. Looks gross!!!! And my toe looks fake (lol)


3 comments:

  1. OMG, how scary!! Your doctor is really making me worry about you!! How is your pain level? Mine is starting to increase and I'm only on day 5 of lengthening. What do you feel when you turn the screw now that's you've gone so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I turn the screw the pain is minimal, however it seems as if its getting harder to turn. My pain for the most part varies. Some days I have pain, some days I dont. It seems as if most of my pain comes during the night or early morning. One ER doctor I seen told me that thats normal when bone is growing. My doctor is starting to scare me also (lol)! I just want the incision to heal. I dont want to get an infection. Do you know how many mm you have to distract yet. Your toe isn'tthat short, so you should be finished distracting fairly soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be about 17 but we don't know for sure. My doc said he'll know a definitely number when my toe gets closer to the desired length. We just go a few days at a time and do more x-rays. I hope your luck gets better, soon!

    ReplyDelete