Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pain and Progress

Lately, I've been in a hell of a lot of pain. I've been taking my meds way more often then I have the past few weeks. I've even began taking 800 ibprofens. I'm trying my best to manage the pain, but its beginning to get really hard! I wake up in the middle of the night nearly in tears from the pain. I think the pain, in part, is caused by the turning of the fixator.

Monday is my next doctor appointment and hopefully that will be my last day of turning. Monday will be a total of 28mm turned for me. I see the growth in my toe. Its looking pretty good. However, my toe is still sitting a little high. I don't know if the cosmetic look I'm hoping for will come after some settling with the toe, but I hope everything works out for the best.

My incision is healing up slowly, but surely. Its closed up some. There is minimal bleeding form the site and virtually no serous fluid leaking, However, swelling in my foot is becoming a problem now. the good thing is that there is no sign of infection.

I plan on playing it cool until Monday. I can't wait to go to my visit and see the x rays and hear wheather or not I am finished with turning.

Earlier today i was going through my computer and I found some picks of my brachy foot from 2010 I believe. I took the pics because I was preparing to start a blog back then because I had a surgery scheduled, but I had chickened out. the pics come in handy now. Take a look:

this pic is from today. You can see my toe peaking over. Its still sitting a little high though.

This is an old pic. You could barely see my brachy toe from underneath my foot.

My old brachy toe. Way smaller than my pinky toe



2 comments:

  1. Hi, there is nothing wrong with taking the meds. Do what you have to do to keep the pain under wraps. I'm still taking them. I can go days without them and then days I need them continuously. I am hoping that when the distracting is over, so it the pain. I've heard from those who have gone through the surgery that the pain situation gets better after distracting stops. All the best for your appointment on Monday. Looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Since I've stopped the distracting the pain has decreased!

    ReplyDelete